viernes, 25 de octubre de 2013

Participants Presentation!

Dear participants,
We are looking forward to meet you in Madrid for our Seminar! In order to get to know each other, let's share with the rest some info about us, who we are, what we do, where we live, what we like, etc...
It will be our virtual meeting room!!

19 comentarios:

  1. Hi all!
    I am also looking forward to meeting you all in a couple of days.
    My name is Nadya and I am originally from Argentina (not Buenos Aires!) but living in Belgium for 30 years now. Was married to a Dutchman and have a beautiful daughter whom I'm very proud of.
    At the moment, I'm working again for Athena, where also Tom (a native Belgian) works as a coordinator and tutor. I only tutor and teach to the same groups (students who want or need to obtain their higher secondary school diploma by passing the public exams) but in 2 places almost 100 km away from each other.
    I live in a quaint little city which looks a lot like a lesser version of Brugge, with canals, old buildings and all. Beautiful to take walks or ride your bike around but the weather in Belgium doesn't always help.
    Unfortunately, due to my working hours and living mostly alone, my hobbies passed to the last place on my priorities list.
    And this is by way of preliminary presentation. You’ll see me soon and you will complete the picture yourselves.
    Until Saturday!
    A very curious and eager Nadya

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hello, everybody! :)
    My name is Nadir, I'm 35, I'm portuguese and I was born in Viana do Castelo. I live in I live in a small village nearby (8 km).
    I finished my Masters in June on Right to Food and Rural Development and I'm starting an internship in an NGDO in Viana do Castelo that develops work in Guinea-Bissau – ACGB (Association of Cooperation with Guinea-Bissau). Guinea-Bissau is my passion. I've been there a few times due to the masters, volunteering and my former job.
    I love my country but I love to travel and meet new realities and new people. So, looking forward to meet you all very soon.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hello everyone,

    I hope everyone is just as excited as me to get to Madrid and follow this course. Let me introduce myself. My name is William, I'm 21 years old and I'm from The Netherlands. Two years ago i graduated with a degree in Mediadesign and Communication. I started my own company and right now i'm a full time graphic designer. Although i love my job as a designer i also wanted to develop my social skills. One of my friends introduced me at the RADAR Foundation. This foundation wants to create a world without discrimination and prejudices. To achieve this goal they organise so called "Powerdays" on highschools. This is a 1-day course for all the students and teachers which is packed with empowerment, trust and team-exercises. I've loved those days from the first time i've seen it.

    Right now i'm a coach at powerdays and i have been involved in the new concept called "Extended power". This concept is focussed on youth and adolescents who signed up themselves for an empowerment training.

    Together with a team of 8 (all between the ages of 18 to 25) we help the participates define their life goals and give them a helping hand along the way of finding a solution for struggles they're faced with in their lives. This concept was such a big success that I Really want to stay involved in the whole empowermentvibe. Even as a coach you can get so much strength out of a training like that.

    For me, Literacy isn't just the ability to read and write. It is the way we understand everything around us. Not only the world around us, but also ourselves. I think this training can be a helping hand for me on that subject.

    So yeah, As you can see, i'm pretty excited about the whole empowerment experiences i've been lucky enough to be a part of.

    See you in Madrid!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hello everyone, my name is Iman. I'm from Morocco, but I live in Spain since some years... I'm part of the ICA-Spain team organizing this wonderful Seminar.. I belong to this organization since two years. Since then I could develop my career in social field. I studied translation and interpretation. I combine my translation work with my role in this organization developing social projects in different fields such as empowerment, gender equality, social cohesion and literacy. I'm also Literacy teacher with adult Arab women and it's been my research field investigating the real needs of this community on empowering them to become autonomous and full-rights citizens and be able to support each others.
    This Seminar offers a new vision on Literacy field. MI theory is mostly used at schools, but still not as a normal part of the official program. Introducing this new educational and reinforced tool kit for adult educators is giving the non-formal education institutions the possibility to have a wilder horizon of new way of learning and teaching.
    Looking forward meeting you all!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Hello everyone,
    I am also looking forward to meet you all in Madrid!
    My name is Aurelia, I am from Mexico but I have been living in Barcelona for two years, where I have studied a Masters Degree about Migration and Interculturality. I have been involved in the social field since I was in Mexico where I studied Social Psychology and where we have 8,9 million illiterate people. In Barcelona I have been part of an organization called ACATHI that works with LGBT migrants.
    I have worked on a research about body and migration where the question was: What happens with our body when we change the place where we live? Taking into consideration that there are many things we have learned before the migration and others we must learn when we move to another country, there is also a body language which we must decipher.
    I have been part of IACE since 2012 where I have been working in participatory methodologies and European Projects. Now I am involved in this seminar organization and I am really happy to be part of this because I really believe rethinking literacy is very important. I really want to learn from your experience and also I am ready to share what I have learned.
    See you soon!


    ResponderEliminar
  6. Hi everyone! Hope you are all fine and getting ready for our meeting. It sounds it's going to be great.
    My name is Carolina and I am from Portugal. I'm 31, live and work in Lisbon, on an NGDO called FGS. I am Developmeny Project Manager, being responsible for our intervention abroad, mainly in Mozambique and East-Timor. Our main field of intervention is Education and community development.
    I am Psychologist and hold a Masters degreee in Development and Global Health. I bike to work everyday and attend to ballet classes twice a week.
    I am so glad to have the opportunity to attend to this event, since I think it's really important to have the chance to share experiences, modeles of interventions, thoughts, ideas. Looking forward to see you all soon.
    Al the best,
    Carolina

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Hi everybody!

    My name is Tom and I am from Belgium. I am 28 years old and I live in Leuven, which is a small but very lively and historical city in Flanders. I have a master in modern history, specialised in migration and identification processes. Afterwards I have obtained a teachers degree and graduated as a master in international politics, focused on the minority policy of the European Union in Kosovo. After graduating I started working as a teacher to non-dutch speaking minors. I really loved that job! Last year I have worked as a teacher in an international school in Ghana. Since september I work as a coordinator and mentor in an open learning center in Antwerp. There we prepare students with a highly differentiated background for public exams in order to get their secondary school diploma. Besides that we also organize dutch classes for non-dutch speakers. I love this job because I feel we can really make a difference! We choose for a holistic approach that creates space for the development of every person through education, appreciation, motivation and empowerment!
    In my free time I practice and teach martial arts. I also love to travel & discover, that's why I love projects like couchsurfing.
    I am really looking forward to the seminar because I am convinced that this will enrich my toolkit and vision enormously and after reading your profiles...I am even more sure there is so much I can learn from you guys! Let's go for an awesome seminar!

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Hello everyone!

    I'm david garcia from Spain. I´m 24 years old. I am very pleased to take the course and I have looking forward to meet you.
    ICA never worked with but the fact that I have looking forward.
    We are also because two colleagues, we are forming a cultural association of community development in the province of Ávila. We are in a place called the Hornillo. The association is called humus. The reason for being here is to encourage the depressed rural areas of Spain forgotten and offer a network of participation that promotes local development through endogenous resources of the territory. The main objective is to improve the quality of life of people in the region. And therefore, to say that literacy processes belonging to the non formal education fully meet this objective.
    My background is in education, and am currently doing a Masters in Environment: human and socio-economic dimensions.
    I also hope that the course can serve to establish networks and relationships between different work that everyone did in our respective places.

    Again thank you for everything. I'm eager to start, to know them and learn from all of you.

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Hey all.
    My name is Matjaz and I work at old people's home in Radenci, Slovenia as a massage therapist and biotherapist. I am 38 years old and proud father.
    Working as part of occupational therapy team in our facility me and my colleagues extensively promote and execute computer literacy in the form of courses for our elderly people and also new employees. Our goal is to keep elderly active and help them to use different modern forms of communication such as e-mail, Skype, instant messaging etc.
    I am looking forward to the 9 days of seminars, lectures and workshops and I hope to gain a lot of knowledge in the field that I am very interested in.
    Matjaz

    ResponderEliminar
  10. Hello everybody. My name is Sophia. I am Greek and I live in Thessaloniki (Northern Greece). I am the head of a family of five including myself. My family consists of my daughter Anna, our small rabbit and a couple of parrots. All my life I have been living in Thessaloniki except six years that I lived in England where I studied psychology. I have an MSc in psychological research methods, a PhD in social psychology and training in counselling, group dynamics and administration. For the last 11 years I have been working in KETHEA ITHAKI (Therapy Center for Addicted Individuals) as a director in the research and documentation department of the Programme. Till recently I was teaching the lesson of developmental psychology in the dept. of preschool education in an institute of professional establishment. I am sure we all have a lot to share. The plurality of our backgroud and experiences will help us create an interesting and rich workshop.

    When I visit a foreign country I prefer going to places that local people go. I also have been told that Toledo is a nice place to visit close to Madrid.

    Looking forward to meeting all of you and having a nice time working and going out together.

    I will arrive in Madrid tomorrow. So, if there is anybody else there tomorrow we could meet.

    Keep well

    Sophia

    ResponderEliminar
  11. Hello everyone!

    My name is Piret, I am 41 years old and I live in rural area in Southern part of Estonia. I have two children, a daughter and a son.

    I work in the non-profit organization which main task is to develop rural areas. I am an executive director.

    I live in rural area where the access to adult learning is scarce. To solve this situation, I need to identify the training needs and then I will have to carry out these training sessions for rural people. I have conducted different courses and study days for adults about how to write project proposals for developing their organization. The study days and courses for adults have contained the following: basic computer skills training; training on how to prepare a project budget; training on how to deal with volunteering fees in the project budget –teaching numeracy of project Budget; training on how to create the organization’s strategy together with its’ members.

    My daily work includes organizing trainings for members of our organization. To help our rural region to develop more I need some extra expertise and knowledge on how to teach adults. I like to learn by using interactive and participatory methods where participants will have plenty of opportunity to practice the new skills and methods – that will make the learning process more efficient. It would be also a good possibility to learn from others’ experiences. I am very motivated and committed to disseminate the outcomes and experiences of the workshop within my community.
    Looking forward to meeting all of you and see you soon!

    ResponderEliminar
  12. Danijel Miholič

    Greeting!

    My name is Danijel Miholič, I come from Slovenija, i was born on 4.5.1990 in Murska Sobota, I live 2km out of Murska Sobota in a village called Satahovci, I have 2 older brothers, but they are both living on their own , im the last one that is still living at home with my parents. I have a lot of pets (dog, fish, parrots, turtles etc) that i like to take care and im also into sports. In my free time i go to the gym and spend my time kayaking in the river Mura, which i find relaxing after a long days work. I work in a retirement home called DOSOR Radenci as a nurse for 4,5 years, i still find it challenging so it never gets dull. Everything else you will find out when we meet in person. See you sonn!

    Danijel Miholič

    ResponderEliminar
  13. Hello I’m Júlia, I’m Portuguese, I’m from south of Portugal, in a small city called Lagoa (Algarve) a few kms from the ocean.

    Today I’m still unemployed, but from tomorrow on a new challenge came up, I’ll start in assotiation Graal in the projects team for social, equality, gender and migration projects (where I’d work few years ago). I knew about our workshop from a friend that works in this association.
    I’ve been working in adult education since 1998, first as an ICT trainer and later as technician for orientation and empowering adult from 18th years old on, in the competences, recognition, validation and certification processes RVCC (similar to the Vocational, Education and Training - VET program in some other countries) supported by life experiences – life histories methodology. In this experience I was working close by situations of illiteracy (people who don’t understand the alphabet and can’t write or read at all), but most of with the concept of literacy in specific domains: nummeracy, ICT, foreign language. It was a remarkable experience.
    Ocean is my nature element, most of my free times are spend walking around the beach, or the rocks and losing myself in the amazing and no ending view of the ocean horizon. I share my free times with family and our dog.

    I’m really expecting a lot from our workshop, and I’m really interested on learning very much for MI practices for adult education and also sharing experiences with all participants.

    See you! Júlia

    ResponderEliminar
  14. Hello, I´m Ann Avery, living in England the last 8 years and planning to stay there. I live with my husband in a village in rural Lincolnshire, after a life in many different countries since growing up in Tennessee, USA. I´m coming to the workshop because I am interested in applying the concepts of MI to the work I´m doing with elderly people in a care home near my village, and I want to learn from all of you what you are up to in the variety of situations you work in. Reading your presentations is fascinating and I see promising possiblities of networking with situations in the UK and other places I´ve lived or worked.

    I hope to contribute to our experience together some information and practices I´ve learned recently in the area of body literacy.

    Needs for lifelong learning in the UK and particularly in Lincolnshire where I live include—urgently--in prisons and detention centres and among people from eastern and central Europe working in the food industry.

    ResponderEliminar
  15. Hello everyone!
    My name ise Mirell Põllumäe and i am from Estonia. My age is 19. I used to live in small rural area called Abja-Paluoja but i graduated my highschool this year and started studying andragogy in University of Tallinn. That means that i also had to move to Tallinn which is the capital of Estonia. Andragogy means adult education, so i am learning how to be a adult teacher. The studies are hard but i am in love with this speciality. This workshop is an incredible opportuniti for my studies. I have big hopes and i very want to meet everybody and hear about different experiences with teaching adults.
    I have quite strange hobbies for a girl. I have drived motocross for a many years and started compete in competitions 4 years ago. My cousin is also a racer and we are always training together. The results are showed that i am quite good at it but i still have a lot to grow. My dad and grandpa are taking care over my bike and they are also my trainers. So all competitions are fun family events. I also started with Muay Thai with this year autumn.
    When i was living in Abja-Paluoja i tried to be very active young and gived my best to develop our life there. Years ago i created a youth organization and we gathered a guite big group of childrens and young adults who were ready to do anything for their community. Thanks for the organization and also my mother i had the chance to take a part in different workshops, projects and also create some by myself. Then i got my first experiences with working with adults. In every change i have i’ve tried to help my mother in her work (because for me it’s extremely interesting). She is executive director in non-profit organization which main task is to develop rural areas. Her name is Piret Leskova and she is also taking part in this project in Madrid. And there is lots of other things what i or my helpers were done in our home city.

    Can’t wait to meet you all !!!

    ResponderEliminar
  16. HELLO EVERYONE !!!!!

    My name is Marcos I have 24 years and I am from Madrid, Spain. :D

    I have studied Pedagogy at the University Complutense of Madrid although half of my studies I have been to Portugal, Lisbon and Faro.

    I'm currently developing with colleagues an Association of Development Community (it name is wonderful"Humus") in a region inside Spain. The association hopes to answer the most basic needs of this region: illiteracy, depopulation, unemployment, youth participation activities or tasks of caring for the environment.

    I hope to learn a lot in the course and more of you.

    Bienvenidos, Welcome, Bemvindos

    A big hug :D

    Marcos Sánchez

    ResponderEliminar
  17. Hi all!!

    First thing say i am really nice to meet you all, is going to be interesting work and learn in that group with all kind of people.

    My name is Pepe (Jose Javier), i am 26 years old and i´m from Madrid.

    As Marcos, i have studied Pedagogy, and we are working now in the creation of an Association to promove the comunity development in rural zones.

    Young people is leaving the villages, there are not jobs to stay there, no chances of get academic formation and these areas are being seriously damaged for the crisis situation.

    I hope we can learn of all the participants, know people and have a nice time!

    Hugs for all!! see you soon!!

    Pepe

    ResponderEliminar
  18. HI, this is Catalina, a member of the ICA Spain team!
    I am Peruvian and have been living in Europe since 1984. I have had the opportunity to be connected in the past 30 years with the world of adult education in Europe and in Latin America. This has been done through the designing of educational and social projects with the Institute of Cultural Affairs and others Spanish and Latin American NGOs. I started a social enterprise in England (2001) called “Empower Training and Development, CIC (Community of Interest Company) that specializes in Facilitative Leadership programmes.

    I have had the opportunity to teach and to be taught by people from formal and non formal educational settings and environment with the Spanish Open University and now within York St. John University, in England. Currently, I am coordinating an Erasmus Mundus project with universities in Portugal, Spain and Peru (Cusco), about “Enhancing the study and practice of social economy and social capital in higher education” within York St. John University. Who ever is interested in it, please visit our web page: www.yorkst.ac.uk/socialeconomy and will be more than glad to talk about it during the week.

    One of the questions I always raise to myself before delivering a workshop or course is: How different will I be and become after having the chance to work, discuss, learn, act with the group I work with? And with this group there is no exception at all, especially after not only reading but feeling such a great diversity in life experiences.

    Gardening is my favourite leisure and personal and professional therapy! The record has been to sow, harvest and eat corn! and last summer got “round” yellow cucumbers and two melons without having a greenhouse!! If you want to know the trick let´s talk and share other ones too! Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow. Have a nice and restful trip!

    ResponderEliminar
  19. Hi I'm Catherine, I have tested myself in the MI assessment and I have definetely found where my interests and strengths lie, but I can also tell you I'm a bit of a disaster in technology (or as Elisabeth Bennet says to Darcy in Jane Austen's most famous novel so I chose to be because I don't spend time on learning about it). Well all this is to say that I had already written a presentation and it disappeared while I was trying to put it on the blog so... we are just a few hours away from meeting each other, I'll tell you more about myself this afternoon, till then, ENJOY THE SUN,
    Catherine

    ResponderEliminar